Courtroom Audio & Video Recording System
The MaestroVision audio & video recorder digitizes, encodes, records and streams video in standard h.264 format. It generates a separate audio file in a standard format and facilitates the written transcript of a recording.
It records the audio signal in perfect synchronization with the video and includes dual redundant hard drives. This application can store up to 1,000 hours of recording, includes two (4) cameras and six (6) microphones and has the capacity to record external sources such a touch screen monitor.
The MaestroVision audio & video recorder can record in High Definition (HD 1080p, 30 fps) and has a capacity of 4 inputs. These inputs comply with SMPTE 292M Serial Digital Interface (HD-SDI). Audio inputs are balanced on an XLR connector.
Recording System Flowchart
Audio & Video Recorder software application
The MaestroVision software application features a friendly and intuitive user interface. It requires users to provide a password to access the systems, and prevents users seeing previous recordings in the VR. Before viewing a record, basic information must be entered such as a file number, judge and clerk names, room number, etc. The system records current date and time and displays them during playback as well. All this information will be stored as metadata, ensuring proper indexing for all videos. The software application allows for multi speed playback in both rewind and fast-forward.
This application displays cameras in the courtroom and shows audio levels that are currently being recorded. It allows the recording and playback of three fully synchronized independent camera views (not a picture-in-picture image). While generating and displaying thumbnails via one camera in the courtroom, it is possible to access an exact location during playback by clicking on a desired thumbnail.
Finding a segment or a specific moment on a video stream can be a difficult task. During recording, the MaestroVision software application makes this achievable by allowing the user to flag the key video segments with a descriptive note. Afterwards, by selecting that note, the software will directly link it with the specific point in the video when the note was written. The more the user annotates during the recording, the easier it will be to manage all the information during playback analysis.
At the end of the recording, the MaestroVision software application has the ability to transfer the content to a central location and/or copy immediately onto a CD/DVD or USB key. A user-friendly solution for downloading and burning authenticated videos is provided, as well as a playback application on DVDs in order to allow proper viewing of a multi camera recording with multiple views. Video recording will be available for playback immediately after recording. No rendering time will be required in order to view a recording.
- The MaestroVision Video Recorder system has a capacity 4 (four) inputs or more.
- Record in High Definition HD 1080p, 30 fps
- The inputs comply with SMPTE 292M Serial Digital Interface (HD-SDI).
- Audio inputs are balanced on XLR connector.
- Record the audio signal perfectly synchronized with the video.
- Digitize, encode, record video in standard h.264 format.
- The MaestroVision Video Recorder has the capacity to record external sources such a the Polycom Interactive Video System
The system will record between four to eight independent audio tracks according to the number of microphones in each courtroom. Some microphones will be combined together in courtrooms where there are more than eight audio sources. Audio sources include microphones and other audio feeds such the audio output of the Polycom Interactive Video System. It is important to record individual audio tracks. When all microphones are combined to two audio tracks, it is often difficult to clearly understand speech. Coughing, page turning and other audible distractions often make it difficult to comprehend the person speaking, when listening to a replay.
A combination of audio processor (16 inputs – 8 outputs and 8 inputs- 8 outputs) will be installed in each courtroom. The audio processor will allow full control of mixing, levelling, routing and processing the audio sources. The following figure shows a configuration of eleven microphones and the polycom System.
Smart Voice Controlled Camera Switching
MaestroVision solution includes a smart voice controlled camera switching technology. Voice switching in a courtroom can become chaotic. Two persons talking at the same time, someone coughing, another simply turning a page and your system doesn’t know to what camera it should switch.
MaestroVision provides a solution where you can create smart algorithms that will make the end result looking like a professional producer was in charge of switching.
- If silent for x seconds in all sources, switch to cam Y
- Require x.x seconds of constant level before switching to a new source
- If two persons are talking at the same time, wait for the active source to silent before switching
- And much more
Audio & Video Recorder Interface
Recommended PC to run the record application
The recommended PC consists of a Supermicro SYS-7047A-T Workstation including the following:
- 4U whisper-quiet (27 dB) chassis
- Supermicro 1200 W high-efficiency power supply w/ PMBus (Platinum Level (94%))
- Supermicro X9DAi motherboard:
- Dual Socket R (LGA 2011)
- 16x 240-pin DDR3 DIMM slots
- Intel® C602 chipset
- 8x SATA 2.0 3Gbps with RAID 0, 1, 5, 10
- 2 Intel Xeon E5-2603v2 processors2x SATA 3.0 6Gbps with RAID 0, 1, 5, 10
- Intel® i350 Dual Port Gigabit Ethernet
- 4 USB 3.0 ports (Renesas uPD720200A; 2 rear + 2 via header)
- 7 USB 2.0 ports (4 rear + 2 via header + 1 Type A)
- 3x PCI-E 3.0 x16 slots
- 2x PCI-E 3.0 x8 slots
- 1x PCI-E 3.0 x4 (in x8) slot
- 4 cores each
- Base frequency: 1.8 GHz
- 10 MB Smart Cache
- 4x 4GB DDR3 ECC Registered memory modules
- Manufacturer: Hynix
- Part number: H5TQ2G83CFR
- Ranks: 2
- 2 Seagate ST2000NM0033 2TB Enterprise Hard disk drives
- 7200 RPM
- 128 MB cache
- 6 GB/s SATA3 interface
- RAID 1 mirror configuration for redundancy
- using on-board Intel SATA RAID controller)
- 1 ASUS EAH6450 video card
- AMD Radeon HD 6450 chipset
- 1 GB DDR3 memory
- DirectX 11 support
- VGA, HDMI and DVI outputs
- Silent fan-less design
- Windows 10 Professional operating system
For more information regarding our courtroom audio & video solutions, please contact us at 1-888-424-5505 or email@example.com